Affinity Water are offering grants to help eradicate invasive non-native species from rivers across Hertfordshire and Middlesex
INNS Out enables local organisations, community groups or individuals to take action on invasive non-native species across the Affinity Water supply area to prevent their introduction and spread.
If you, or your organisation, are involved in a project that is trying to tackle invasive non-native species, then the INNS Out scheme might be able to offer additional help.
INNS Out can support projects that are:
• Preventing the introduction and/or spread of INNS;
• In an environmentally designated site or along a waterbody within the Affinity Water operational area;
• Contributing towards achieving Water Framework Directive objectives;
• Asking for funding support of up to £5,000 for standard projects and up to £10,000 for catchment wide schemes or;
• Asking for volunteer support of up to 10 people-days from the Affinity Water volunteer network.
Applications from organisations, partnerships, individuals or collaborative groups are encouraged so please feel free to share details of the scheme with anyone who may benefit from support.
Deadline for applications is 5pm on 31 December 2021.